What we are reading, Episode 40
“On retreat we may discover our true identity not from any self-analysis but by God’s gift of enlightenment.” p7
This week’s “What we are reading” episode focuses on the book “Wilderness Time” by Emily Griffin.
I take you on a tour of the book’s main themes and contemplate the point of a spiritual retreat as well as some of the practicals.
Who is this book for?
– People who want to create space for more extended times of listening to God
– People who want to try something Jesus valued to find its value for them
– People who want to give God the opportunity to accelerate their spiritual growth
– Have you read it? What are your thoughts?
– What are you reading? Send me recommendations
If you like this video, please click the “like ” button and share with your friends.
Please add your comments on this week’s topic. We learn best when we learn in community.
Do you have a question about teaching the Bible? Is it theological, technical, practical? Send me your questions or suggestions. Here’s the email: email@example.com.
If you’d like a copy of my free eBook on spiritual disciplines, “How God grows His people”, sign up at my website: http://www.malcolmcox.org.
Please pass the link on, subscribe, leave a review.
“Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.” (Psalms 100:2 NIV11)
God bless, Malcolm
PS: You might also be interested in my book: “An elephant’s swimming pool”, a devotional look at the Gospel of John