“even the darkness”
“If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.”Psalm 139,11–12 NIV11
How should Christians respond to emotional and mental health challenges? What do we do when the emotional darkness threatens to block out God’s light?
This page contains resources to help people of the Christian faith understand better how to be a support to one another and recognise their own challenges.
Some of the resources I have accessed and used, others have been suggested to me.
I would value your further suggestions and comments. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope you find these resources helpful.
God bless, Malcolm
How to Ask for a Mental Health Day at Work
Some books recommended by Ann Johnston:
- “Stop Thinking Start Living” Richard Carlson
- DPI books “Mind Change” Thomas A Jones and “Free your Mind” Sam Laing.
- How to Stop the Pain Dr James B Richards
- Depression Looking up from the Stubborn Darkness Edward T Welch
- The power of brokenness the language of healing. Glen Kerby and Jim McCraigh
- Illuminating the Darkness Noel Dear
- Darkness Is My Only Companion. Kathryn Greene-McCreight
- Troubled Minds Amy Simpson