“What amazes you?”
- The possibility of the amazing is what keeps us looking forward
- The possibility of the amazing is what keeps us optimistic
- The possibility of the amazing is what keeps us faithful
- People who lose the possibility of the amazing lose the life for which they were designed
What helps and what gets in the way?
Some ideas from this passage…..Acts 8:9–25
Here’s the Acts8.9-25 Handout
Question: What is amazing in this passage?
1. Philip’s courage
2. John’s change, Luke 9:51–56
4. Apostles’ calmness and imperturbability
Question: What stops us being amazed & amazing others about God?
- When all said and done, it is not a what, but a who is amazing.
- And one is more amazing that all others.
- And he has inspired more amazing things than anyone who has ever lived.
- Jesus is the most amazing person who ever lived
“The people were amazed at his teaching, … and many who heard him were amazed. “Where did this man get these things?” they asked. “What’s this wisdom that has been given him? What are these remarkable miracles he is performing? People were overwhelmed with amazement. “He has done everything well,” they said. “He even makes the deaf hear and the mute speak.” The disciples were even more amazed, and said to each other, “Who then can be saved?” The chief priests and the teachers of the law heard this and began looking for a way to kill him, for they feared him, because the whole crowd was amazed at his teaching.” (Mark 1:22; 6:2; 7:37; 10:26; 11:18 NIV11)
How do we get the strength/courage? Matt 28.20
From presence and spirit of Jesus.
Please add your comments on this week’s topic. We learn best when we learn in community.
Do you have a question about the Bible or the Christian faith? Is it theological, technical, practical? Send me your questions or suggestions.
Thanks again for watching. Have a super day.