A new thing! Welcome to your daily devotional podcast anchored in Isaiah 43:19: ‘See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.’ Malcolm here, and thank you for joining me in January and February for a daily devotional podcast aimed at inspiring our personal times of quiet with God.
In the first few podcast episodes we will set the scene by looking at the entirety of Isaiah chapter 43. Today it is verses 2 to 4.
“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead.
Since you are precious and honoured in my sight, and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life.”
(Isaiah 43:2-4 NIV11-GK)
The promises of the Redeemer
- He will be with you
- “And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”” (Matthew 28:20 NIV11)
- Through all the deep waters (trials, hardships) of life
- Through all the fiery oppressions of life
- “This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honour when Jesus Christ is revealed.” (1 Peter 1:4-7 NIV11)
- He will rescue you, set you free from all oppressors (Egypt, Cush, & Sheba)
- Because He is your God, the Holy One, your Saviour
- Because you are precious to Him, you will be honoured & loved
- Who or what has God rescued you from? Give him some praise and thanks!
Please add your comments on this week’s topic. We learn best when we learn in community.
Do you have a question about teaching the Bible? Is it theological, technical, practical? Send me your questions or suggestions. Here’s the email: email@example.com.
If you’d like a copy of my free eBook on spiritual disciplines, “How God grows His people”, sign up at my website: http://www.malcolmcox.org.
Please pass the link on, subscribe, leave a review.
I hope you find your heart, your life, your congregation and your world inspired by God doing a new thing. Until tomorrow, take care, and God bless.
God bless, Malcolm
“Carpe Diem” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License