“The kingdom of heaven is like….” (Matt 13.24; 31, 33, 44, 45, 45, 47, 18.23; 20.1; 22.2)
“The community or people ruled by God and with whom he dwells, to some extent reality now but to be fully consummated in the future”
1. “Your kingdom come”
- Present with Jesus
- “..if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.” (Matthew 12:28 NIV11)
- “Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God.” (Luke 6:20)
- “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.” (Matthew 21:31 NIV11)
- Coming soon
- Coming in the future
- ““Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.” (Matthew 25:34)
- “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out.” (Luke 13:28)
2. The character of the kingdom
- Question: “What does this parable tell you about the character of the kingdom? It’s values, it’s nature, it’s priorities?”
Thank you for watching this video. You can find more episodes on the YouTube site.
Please add your comments on this week’s topic. We learn best when we learn in community.
Do you have a question about the Bible or the Christian faith? Is it theological, technical, practical? Send us your questions or suggestions. Here’s the email: email@example.com
Thanks again for watching. Have a super day.