- ‘pisteuo’ – 100
- God: 14:1; God as the one who sent Jesus: 12:44; What the Old Testament says: 2:22; 5:46-47; Jesus as the one sent by God: 6:29; Jesus’ name: 2:23; Jesus himself: 3:18; 4:39; 10:42; 12:42, etc.; Jesus as the son of man: 9:35-38; Jesus’s miracles: 10:38; Jesus as the Messiah:11:27; 20:3; What Jesus says: 8.45-46; 14:11; The fact that Jesus is in the Father and that the Father is in Jesus: 14:10; 7:21
- Faith as ‘allegiance’
- John 3.36; 8.31-32
- Mental affirmation
- Professed fealty
- Enacted loyalty
2. Digging Deeper: John 5.1-15
- Bethesda’s pool and 5 Colonnades up
- Luke’s geography
- 32 _________________
- __ cities
- 9 __________________
- __ mistakes
3. “It is I”: John 6.16-21
- From mountaintop experiences to storms of doubt
- Power or presence?
- “What has stood out to you from tonight?”
- Read John 7-8 between now and Sunday
- Discuss what you’re learning and your questions with your spouse/friends.
- Ask God to reveal what aspect of Jesus he would like you to focus on through this series.
Please add your comments on this week’s topic. We learn best when we learn in community.
Do you have a question about teaching the Bible? Is it theological, technical, practical? Send me your questions or suggestions. Here’s the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like a copy of my free eBook on spiritual disciplines, “How God grows His people”, sign up at my website: http://www.malcolmcox.org.
Please pass the link on, subscribe, leave a review.
God bless, Malcolm
PS: If you would like some coaching in spiritual disciplines, look me up here.
PPS: You might also be interested in my book: “An elephant’s swimming pool”, a devotional look at the Gospel of John