“Let Jesus be your best friend”, John 15
- We are made for friendship
- Adam needed Eve
- “The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”” Genesis 2.18
- Think about the significance of friends throughout your life
- None like Jesus
- Friendship he offers us cannot be earned
- Friendship he offers cost him dear
1. Jesus defines friendship
- Only he really knows what friendship is all about
- Jesus-style friendship
2. Living in friendship with Jesus
- “meno”: stay, continue, dwell, lodge, remain, rest, settle, endure, continue unchanged, persevere, constant, steadfast, indwell, abide….
- “to be in close and settled union”
Friendship with Jesus means…
- Time: Spark + Proximity + Time
- Trust: life and doctrine
- Telling: proud of our friend Jesus
- What would your life be like with a closer friendship with Jesus?
- What would your church be like with a closer friendship with Jesus?
- What would your world be like with a closer friendship with Jesus?
Please add your comments on this week’s topic. We learn best when we learn in community. Do you have a question about teaching the Bible? Is it theological, technical, practical? Send me your questions or suggestions. Here’s the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like a copy of my free eBook on spiritual disciplines, “How God grows His people”, sign up at my website: http://www.malcolmcox.org.
Please pass the link on, subscribe, leave a review.
God bless, Malcolm
PS: If you would like some coaching in spiritual disciplines, look me up here.
PPS: You might also be interested in my book: “An elephant’s swimming pool”, a devotional look at the Gospel of John