“Every single person who sits politely and listens to you on Sunday is one decision away from moral, financial, and marital ruin.” ‘Communicating for a change’ p88
Does this topic really matter? Does it matter to me?
1. Pray over it – the point, not just the passage
2. Apply it to yourself – how will this benefit your life?
- What prevent?
- What enable?
3. Apply it to people you know will be there
- Imagine what their lives like if do not apply it
- Imagine what their lives like if do apply it
Thank you for listening to this recording. You can find more teaching tips here and on the on the YouTube teaching tips playlist.
Please add your comments on this week’s topic. We learn best when we learn in community.
Do you have a question about teaching the Bible? Is it theological, technical, practical? Send me your questions or suggestions. Here’s the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like a copy of my free eBook on spiritual disciplines, “How God grows His people”, sign up at my website: http://www.malcolmcox.org/.
Thanks again for listening. Have a terrific Tuesday, and a wonderful week.