We take a look at objections to the resurrection and evidence for it.
“Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behaviour in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.” (1 Peter 3:15–16)
“For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.” 2 Corinthians 5:14-15
- Simon Dinning: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155826035563183&id=689233182
- “The Evidence for Jesus” (Hodder Christian Essentials), R.T France
- “More than a carpenter”, Josh McDowell
- “The Case for Christ”, Lee Strobel
- “The Resurrection factor”: Josh McDowell
- “Easter Enigma”: John Wenham
- “The case for the Resurrection”: Lincona & Habermas
- Torrey, R. A. – “Evidence for the Resurrection” – CrossReach Publications. Kindle Edition.
- Wright, N. T. – “The Resurrection of the Son of God” – SPCK
- Morison, Frank – “Who Moved the Stone?” – Hauraki Publishing. Kindle Edition.
- Gilbert West LLD (Oxford) – “Observations on the history and evidence of the resurrection of Jesus Christ (1747)” – 486 pages, scanned copy available on Google books
- Douglas Jacoby – “True and Reasonable”, chapter 9 – Discipleship Publications International
- “Is the resurrection beyond belief?”, D. Instone-Brewer, Premier Christianity magazine, Apr 2019
- “Difference in Resurrection accounts?”, Simon Dinning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEIkpqWAW0M
- Reasonable Faith – “Did Jesus Rise From the Dead: https://www.facebook.com/reasonablefaithorg/videos/343587733010141/
- “Why would a good God allow suffering?”
Please add your comments on this week’s topic. We learn best when we learn in community.
Do you have a question about teaching the Bible? Is it theological, technical, practical? Send me your questions or suggestions. Here’s the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like a copy of my free eBook on spiritual disciplines, “How God grows His people”, sign up at my website: http://www.malcolmcox.org.
Please pass the link on, subscribe, leave a review.
“Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.” (Psalms 100:2 NIV11)
God bless, Malcolm
PS: You might also be interested in my book: “An elephant’s swimming pool”, a devotional look at the Gospel of John