His impact beyond the home
- Could you use some inspiration?
- Looking at Biblical character in ‘lockdown’ circumstances
- Circumstances beyond our control – how react? In faith?
- House arrest – Acts 28:16
- Two years – Acts 28:30
- His movement was restricted, but his impact for Jesus was not
1. Encouraging Fellow-Believers
- Philemon 1:1
- Colossians 4:3; 4:10
- Ephesians 1:1; 4:1; 6:19–20
- Philippians 1:1; 13-14
- Could you write a blog, record a podcast….?
- Could you communicate more with other Watford people?
- Find out what is meaningful
Question: What kind of communication do we prefer? Frequency; Method; etc
2. Praying for People
- Colossians 1:9–12 Ephesians 1:15–21; 3:14–19 Philippians 1:9–11.
- More people praying now than before lockdown.
- How might you be able to grow in your prayer life as a result?
Question: What is helping or could help your prayer life deepen/develop at the moment?
- Rejoicing in sufferings: Colossians 1:24
- Magnified Christ: Philippians 1:20
Please add your comments on this week’s topic. We learn best when we learn in community.
Do you have a question about teaching the Bible? Is it theological, technical, practical? Send me your questions or suggestions. Here’s the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like a copy of my free eBook on spiritual disciplines, “How God grows His people”, sign up at my website: http://www.malcolmcox.org.
Please pass the link on, subscribe, leave a review.
“Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.” (Psalms 100:2 NIV11)
God bless, Malcolm
PS: You might also be interested in my book: “An elephant’s swimming pool”, a devotional look at the Gospel of John