Malcolm Cox, sermon for the Watford church of Christ
The subversive story of a rebellious prophet who hates God for loving his enemies.
- Why does Jonah run?
- Why does Jonah tell the sailers to kill him?
- What was it like for Jonah in the fish’s stomach?
- Why does he not say sorry?
- What is odd about Jonah’s message?
- Why does God provide the shade and then take it away?
- In what ways is Jesus like Jonah?
- In what way is Jesus different from Jonah?
- In what ways are we like Jonah?
- How can we be more like Jesus?
Are you OK with the fact that God loves your enemies?
Join us in our adventure: 10.30 AM on most Sundays at Laurance Haines School, Vicarage Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 0DD.
Please add your comments on this week’s topic. We learn best when we learn in community.
Do you have a question about the Bible or the Christian faith? Is it theological, technical, practical? Send us your questions or suggestions. Here’s the email: email@example.com.
Thanks again for listening. Have a super day.
With many thanks to “The Bible Project”