What is the best way to assess the development of our preaching and teaching? I offer four thoughts on this important topic to help prepare us for the year ahead.
“At Iconium Paul and Barnabas went as usual into the Jewish synagogue. There they spoke so effectively that a great number of Jews and Greeks believed.” (Acts 14:1 NIV11)
1. Did you start with any goals? How did it go?
- SCORRE method – Subject; Objective; Rationale; Resources; Evaluation
- Andy Stanley: ME – WE – GOD – YOU – WE
2. What have you noticed?
- More personal sharing needed
- Notice difference when really familiar with material
3. What have others noticed? Any feedback?
4. Pray for God’s guidance
Set some new goals for 2019. What are yours?
Thank you for listening to this recording. You can find more teaching tips here and on the on the YouTube teaching tips playlist.
Please add your comments on this week’s topic. We learn best when we learn in community.
Do you have a question about teaching the Bible? Is it theological, technical, practical? Send me your questions or suggestions. Here’s the email: email@example.com.
If you’d like a copy of my free eBook on spiritual disciplines, “How God grows His people”, sign up at my website: http://www.malcolmcox.org.
Thanks again for listening. Have a terrific Tuesday, and a wonderful week.