I shared the following devotional with the worship teams of the Watford Church of Christ and the Thames Valley churches of Christ recently. I hope you find it helpful in preparing your heart and mind to leave others in corporate worship. If you use it with your group, please let me know how it is received.
“ A psalm of David. When he fled from his son Absalom. LORD, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me! Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him.”
* THIS IS HOW MANY OF THE PEOPLE WE WILL BE LEADING IN CORPORATE WORSHIP ARE FEELING
* But you, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
* WE TRUST THIS IS THE CASE – GOD IS OUR SHIELD
* I call out to the LORD, and he answers me from his holy mountain.
* WE BELIEVE HE WILL RESPOND TO OUR WORSHIP TODAY
* I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side.
* AT PEACE BECAUSE OF GOD – NOT BECAUSE WE MAKE NO MISTAKES / PERFECTLY PREPARED
* Arise, LORD! Deliver me, my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked. From the LORD comes deliverance.
* ANTICIPATE GOD ANSWERING, HELPING
* May your blessing be on your people.” (Psalms 3:0–8 NIV11)
* DAVID WANTS ALL GOD’S PEOPLE BLESSED, NOT JUST HIM
* WE MUST WANT THE SAME THING
* ALL PEOPLE BLESSED, NOT JUST US HAVE A GREAT TIME AS A WORSHIP TEAM
Please add your comments on this week’s topic. We learn best when we learn in community.
Do you have a question about teaching the Bible? Is it theological, technical, practical? Send me your questions or suggestions. Here’s the email: email@example.com.
If you’d like a copy of my free eBook on spiritual disciplines, “How God grows His people”, sign up at my website: http://www.malcolmcox.org.
Please pass the link on, subscribe, leave a review.
“Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.” (Psalms 100:2 NIV11)
God bless, Malcolm
PS: If you would like some coaching in spiritual disciplines, look me up here.
PPS: You might also be interested in my book: “An elephant’s swimming pool”, a devotional look at the Gospel of John