1. Two ‘Books’
01. Book of ___________
02. Book of ____________
2. Seven Signs (semeia)
|Miraculous signs (semeia)||Scripture||Notable feature||Area of power|
|Changing water into wine||2:1-11|
|Healing official’s son||4:46-54|
|Healing the lame man||5:1-15|
|Feeding the multitude||6:1-15|
|Walking on water||6:16-21|
|Healing the blind man||9:1-41|
3. Jesus’ Humanity
- Grief: 11:33-35
- Tiredness: 4:6
- Anguish: 12:27; 13:21
- Irritation: 2:4; 6:26; 7:6-8; 8:25
- Suspicion: 2:24-25
4. New Life: 3.1-21
- “The new birth and new life require new family, and only the church can provide that.” DaSilva, Introduction to the New Testament, 447
- “Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.” (Ephesians 2:19–22 NIV11)
5. Jesus is the Hero: 3.22-36
- Celebrate _________________________ .
- Refuse to entertain __________________.
- ____________________ the best of others.
- Pray to discern the___________________.
- Soberly___________________ and concern yourself fully with that.
- “What has stood out to you from tonight?”
- Read John 4 between now and Sunday
- Discuss what you’re learning and your questions with your spouse/friends.
- Ask God to reveal what aspect of Jesus he would like you to focus on through this series.
“He must become greater; I must become less.” (John 3:30 NIV11)
Please add your comments on this week’s topic. We learn best when we learn in community.
Do you have a question about the Bible or the Christian faith? Is it theological, technical, practical? Send us your questions or suggestions. Here’s the email: email@example.com.
Thanks again for listening. Have a super day.
God bless, Malcolm