Date: Sunday 27th August 2017
Location: Watford & Lower Earley
Special Occasion: none
- Discernment – make sure we have a correct focus going into the Lord’s Supper
- Separation – from idols
- Communion – 1 Cor 10.16 – as in sharing together in something
- Remembrance – his name, works, life, exaltation
- Bond of Christian fellowship – 1 Cor 10.17
- Powerful proclamation – vital facts of the gospel
Leon was awesome in Watford! Danny & Charl lead most of our songs, but they were away. Leon stepped in a led with passion and professionalism. He even got a round of applause for his leadership of one song. It’s endearing to see the way congregations warm to people stepping up to serve in faith.
Our song service in Lower Earley was super. Obi was majestic in his role as lead song-leader.
Last week I said I would:
- Lower Earley: confirm which person is leading which song well in advance – by Friday. Done
Watford: keep my combined sermon and communion to no more than 25 minutes. Working on it….
The focus for next Sunday:
- Experiment with an opening set three-song medley sandwich in Bracknell. I’ll explain next week.
- Lead a devotional for all involved in the service in Bracknell.
Please comment on what you’re doing locally with your services. What are you trying that’s working? What is God teaching you?
Share reflections with us so we can grow and please God.
You can leave a comment below.